Monday, January 2, 2012

The New Year..

    Now that the year 2012 is few days old, what can we expect from the year 2012? Maybe I should ask, what are we expecting from ourselves in this year? (2012) Everyone is wishing and hoping for the best this year. (2012) After coming off what was one of the most challenging year, (2011) for a lot of us, the onerous is on us to make sure what we are wishing and hoping for come to fruition. I am expecting the absolute best from myself this year, and for that matter I'm expecting the best from each and everyone of my fellow man in the entire world. As human beings we have to do our best to make the World better, so that we can achieve the best the World has to offer. There is no better time than right now in the early days of 2012 to start doing our best to make the World a better place for all of us.

    Making the World a better place for all of us wont be an easy task. 2011 was a very volatile year across the globe. From the Arab spring, to the occupy Wall street movement, which became a global issue. The World wide economic uncertainty, financial insecurity for a lot of us, the high unemployment situation, that cause so much frustration for millions of people World wide. Those are some of the things that tells us it wont be easy this year. (2012) But it's up to us to do our best to overcome any challenge that we might face in 2012, hopefully there wont be any, but we know from passed experiences that wont be the case. We as people across the globe can't be dependants. In order for us to help ourselves, we have to be pro-active. Although our government should be there for us, we can't depend on them for everything.

1 comment:

  1. I like the last line the best. "Although our government should be there for us, we can't depend on them for everything."

    We all need to get off of the idea that others should solve our problems. We have to be the change we want in the world. For me, 2012 is going to be a great year. The past has been hard, but I am committed to learning from it, letting go and moving on.

    It's a great feeling to know I can make the changes I want. The last few months I have made several and I have no plans to go back to the bad habits I learned before.

    ReplyDelete